Saturday, November 6, 2010

Autumn Table Runner




Recently we had an AUTUMN MINI QUILT Swap at Art4Mail. I signed up for it because I have all these gorgeous fabrics that ought to be used up one of these days. I decided that instead of a not-so-useful mini quilt, I would use even more of this fabric and make a very useful table runner instead. I thought my swap partner might appreciate something that she could actually use during the Harvest season. So I made this one.







I made the back of the runner sort of reversible in case she wanted to flip it over, or in the case of an untimely spill, this side could be employed instead. From the scraps when cutting off the points on each end, I was able to make a hot pad (complete with Insul-brite) to match. All so much better than an ordinary mini quilt!



1 comment:

Noel said...

Barbara your table runners are gorgeous as always...hugs Noel