Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Over at Art4Mail (find it here:  here/) I offered a one to one trade of a spring themed mug rug.  This one is going to Constance in CA.  It turned out so nice and I literally put it together with scraps and very little time.  I had some of the background patchwork already sewn together and was left over from another project.  I just added a few moore scraps to bring it up to our 7x10" size requirement.  I sketched a tulip and then used that pattern for three spring-y flowers, added leaves and fused them to the patchwork base.  I straggle-stitched around the whole thing, outlining each element 2 or 3 times.  Love this so-casual look!  It's great for those who don't want to 'stay in the lines'!  Plus it gives the flowers and leaves some added depth and definition.  Enjoy, Constance!

No comments: