Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pin Cushion - Thread Catcher

Here is a pattern that I bought awhile back and had it on my list of things to do at some point.  Well that 'point' came within the past two days.  I chose some really cute fabric - SWELL from Moda and used 8 of its charm squares for the pin cushion top.  Fortunately I also found yardage that I could use for the body of the thread catcher.
Here is my finished product.  It turned out really cute.  I always find a way to differ from the pattern, but this time I just did what they told me to do and it worked up very nicely.  They suggested ground walnut shells for the pin cushion and the only shells I could find were in a 5 pound bag at the pet store, so I told the salesgirl what I was up to and she suggested that I use Hermit Crab bedding, which is nothing more than fine gravel.  So that's what I chose.  The finished product results in a heavy enough cushion to hold the thread catcher.  Sew!  Another project done -- Way Moore Fun!!
Those polka dots are sew happy!  I just love them!!

1 comment:

Noel said...

I just saw this pattern in the Connecting Threads catalog....you did a wonderful job on yours...love it!