Monday, January 18, 2010

Winter Thoughts




I was challenged in 2009 with our Four Seasons Art4Mail quiltie swap. Now that all the participants have received their pieces, I thought I would post the ones I made. I found the star fabric in my stash and thought it was ripe for making a friendship star and thus began the series for me. The gorgeous forest on the back was also part of my stash and it worked out great for the back side. I found great trees in an online search and enlarged them and kept making them fit just a little better. These blocks are 6" squares and we are challenged to put artwork in a little space. It was fun series, however, by its end, I was tired of cutting trees!

1 comment:

Reflections of life and art said...

Beautiful Barbara...I can't believe they are only 6" square...love the trees!