Thursday, May 8, 2008


If you are familiar with the Kimi Tote Bag Pattern, then you'll recognize this one. It is with a twist, however, and was fun to make, but took an inordinate amount of time to get together. I started with cast off scraps and patiently(?) sewed them into rows and then into 'fabric'. It is machine quilted to warm and natural type batting and then sewn into the bag shape. I added a lining with one pocket. Each piece is sewn individually, then lining in placed inside bag and a binding is sewn around the top. Handles were next - moore scraps (and this was a challenge to find them long enough for the 22" length I wanted) the handles were laid right sides to, then sewn on top of more batting, turned (with the great help of the tube turners), pressed as flat as possible, top stitched and then sew to the bag. The buttons were added with 6-strands of floss and wah-lah! Done! Way Moore Fun!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute. very girly. It looks so much better finished!

Lise said...

I would love go shopping with you and that tote - and I could have brought with me one of mine.....

KR said...

I really like the colors and pattern of this tote. You did a great job, worth all the work, yes? Hugs, KRC

Unknown said...

Barbara, i love this purse, is there a pattern for it? I also love those fabrics, that is my thing. Hugs Lisa