Tuesday, April 29, 2008


My friend Ann loves flowers and she's leaving the hot summer of Arizona for cooler Michigan days. So I decided to make her an everlasting bouquet. I gathered all my floral fabrics and coordinating colors and began to sew these scraps together in crazy-patch fashion. I made 4 panels, laid them all on top of each other and cut them to about 7 x 14". I sewed around 3-1/2 sides, leaving an opening to pull through, ironed the pages as flat as possible with all those seams, closed the openings with fusible web, stitched down the middle and gave it away. But not before I took pictures to remember it by! I also looked for flower quotations on the net and added where appropriate. She was surprised, then puzzled as to what this is, and then very happy with this gift!Consider getting out your scraps and making a book for someone - a child using wonderful juvenile prints, or an I-spy with things they can look for, or a flower book as I did. The list goes on because the selection of fabrics just keeps getting more and more vast! Enjoy!

No comments: